HDD Guardian 0.7.0
Other Available Downloads
- now HDD Guardian needs .NET Framework 4.5;
- changed Overview, Manage and System layout;
- package now include smartctl 6.5 (issue Id #1590);
- added a specific debug for devices under an ASMedia 106x SATA controller into Manage -> Advanced page (discussion #646757);
- is possible to add devices that smartctl or HDD Guardian can't detect from Settings -> Device detection page (discussion #646400);
- is possible to export events log also in comma-separated values format (discussion #652826);
- now settings are saved inside HDD Guardian folder;
- new layout for tracking and warns of disk parameters on Settings window;
- now is possible to play a sound or power off PC when a device is failing or the temperature of a device is too high or in both cases;
- links to Google Code, mail and support group;
- custom temperature setup: threshold is provided by the disk (if it's not disponible the threshold is 50°C/122°F);
- fixed bug into mail password field (issue Id #1581);
- fixed a bug on Areca controllers setup page (issue Id #1627).
As there are no reviews yet, I'll comment though I have little detail to say. smartmontools is an excellent and useful command-line way to monitor the health of hard drives; HDD Guardian is a much easier to use graphical user interface to smartmontools that offers all options and allows parameters to be changed. It works, and I find it very useful; that's about all I can say. I once had one of a mirrored pair of drives die silently; since then I installed HDD Guardian and check frequently (this sort of tool doesn't tell me if the RAID mirror has disconnected, that needs checking separately).
on Sep 16, 2016 at 11:22 AM
Opera does not support ClickOnce X
To install this application, save it and then open it. Opening it directly from Opera will not work correctly.