Factory Form or dev.ATA.Info.FormFactor always shows n/a?

Sep 16, 2016 at 3:47 PM
Factory Form or dev.ATA.Info.FormFactor always shows n/a?

Assume it is meant to show something like 3.5" or similar? but run it on multiple devices and only ever shows n/a or -

Is this to be expected?
Sep 16, 2016 at 3:50 PM
Same for Rotation Rate - which seems to show Solid State for SSD but - or n/a for everything else?
Coordinator
Sep 16, 2016 at 7:49 PM
Hi,

Unfortunately for all mechanical drives the form factor is not saved inside their SMART data, and the same issue occurs (in the most cases) also for the rotation rate; instead for SSD (at least for the most recent, but not always) the form factor is available.
In my case (just as example) I have two SSD (an OCZ Vertex 3 and an OCZ Vertex 460A) that can't display the factory form; instead, the other two mechanical devices connected, the factory form is not available, and the same thing is also for the rotation rate of the internal one, but I have bypassed this thing by coding for the "green" devices the IntelliPower/Coolspin value.

The only way to display always these values is to create a database with all drives, and is a very hard work to do! :)

Sam
Marked as answer by Eruestan on 10/4/2016 at 1:10 PM
Sep 16, 2016 at 7:56 PM
Hi Sam

Thanks for the clarification - thought it was just my devices not showing correct information