date of self test where ? log errors where ?

Jun 5, 2015 at 4:51 AM
Where is date of self test log results ?
In errors log if I have 1 error, after that how to see it ?
Regards
Coordinator
Jun 5, 2015 at 7:19 AM
Hi,

Unfortunately self tests and errors can't report a date in a format like "YYYY MM DD HH:mm:ss", but only the age of device when the test was run or the error was encountered.
In the error log I've coded a panel with the error description where is indicated the time elapsed from the registration of error, calculated using the current age of device and the age of device when the error was registered. Naturally, if a device run more or less 8 hours per day and is displayed 12 hours elapsed from the error, this means that the error occurred more or less 1,5 days ago.

If you have an error logged, this should be displayed in the panel, like on this sample.

Tell me if you need more help! ;)

Greetings,
Sam
Marked as answer by Eruestan on 8/25/2015 at 5:36 AM
Jun 5, 2015 at 11:04 AM
It should be nice if at least a txt log was saved and appended on pc, do you agree with me ?

ps: Link sample not viewable at the moment ..
Coordinator
Jun 5, 2015 at 2:12 PM
dabruna wrote:
It should be nice if at least a txt log was saved and appended on pc, do you agree with me ?
HDD Guardian silently keep track of ATA errors change (you can't disable it), so if a new error appear, is logged and displayed into Events log and Events chart panels (and the entire log can be exported).
Naturally, if a device has already some errors before the installation of HDD Guardian, the Events log and Events chart are not available; the only thing available is the Error log of the drive, that display the last five errors.
For the self test log, since it's fully recorded by the drive, I've not implemented a log function, it should be an useless copy.
ps: Link sample not viewable at the moment ..
Sound strange, the link works fine for me; anyway, you can reach the page from Documentation->Errors log of this project.