Toshiba Canvio Ext HD not recognized

Jan 5, 2015 at 5:16 PM
Hi - just discovered HDD Guardian, and it looks great. Unfortunately, it doesn't recognize my external Toshiba Canvio hard drive. I saw your recommendation of using the HDD Guardian Toolbox, and include the log - http://pastebin.com/d2ddZxq2

Thanks for such a great tool!
Derek
Coordinator
Jan 5, 2015 at 8:44 PM
Hi Derek!

To see your drive on HDD Guardian, download the file that I've uploaded here, then place it into C:\Program Files (x86)\HDD Guardian 0.6.1\smartctl folder replacing the existing file with the same name, and finally click on Rescan external devices on HDD Guardian main window; your drive should appear. ;)
Remember to not update smartctl database or your drive disappear again! ;)

Tell me if you need more help!
Greetings,
Sam
Marked as answer by Eruestan on 1/5/2015 at 2:27 PM
Jan 5, 2015 at 8:48 PM
Geez, you're good! And fast! Seems to be working just fine :-) Thanks so much!
Derek
Coordinator
Jan 5, 2015 at 9:20 PM
Nice to know that works! You're welcome! ;)

Sam
Jun 11, 2015 at 12:02 PM
Edited Jun 11, 2015 at 12:38 PM
Hi Eruestan

I am also facing the same problem with the 0.6.2 version.____

In "HDD Guardian" under "System" menu I am getting the details of USB partition. But under the "Manage" menu @select device USB partition is not displaying. I have connected Virtium tuff drive as a USB partition.
Please let me know if you require much information for solving the problem.

Thanks in advance.

With Regards
Chalamareddy
Coordinator
Jun 11, 2015 at 3:37 PM
Hi,

To make appear your drive in HDD Guardian I need the output of section called "USB scan" of Toolbox (is a separate executable that you can find into HDD Guardian installation folder); after that I provide you a file that can make appear your device. ;)

Thanks,
Sam